Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) Thermal Insulation Products
Styropan XPS extruded polystyrene is a synthetic material that has gained global recognition and is extensively used in various construction applications. It is a foam-based substance with a "closed cell structure." Through a process called polymerization and continuous extrusion, it transforms into panels designed for thermal insulation.
Due to its remarkable ability to insulate against heat and its strong mechanical properties, Styropan XPS is a popular choice in a wide range of applications. It provides dependable construction solutions for architects, civil engineers, contractors, and technicians.
Styropan XPS extruded polystyrene stands out from other insulation materials due to its distinct properties:
- It is environmentally friendly, containing a portion of recycled raw materials.
- It possesses high mechanical strength, making it capable of withstanding heavy loads. This feature is especially important for areas like terraces, floors, and industrial facilities.
- It exhibits extremely low water absorption, making it ideal for insulating materials used in applications such as underground walls and inverted or green roofs.
- It has a very low thermal conductivity coefficient, which minimizes heat transfer between the building and its surroundings. This characteristic ensures optimal thermal comfort with minimal energy consumption.
EPD documentsEPD document S-P-09837 en.pdf
Included products in this EPD
- XPS ETICS
- XPS HCS (High Compressive Strength)
- XPS PR (for Pitched Roofs)
- XPS DP (Doors & Panels)
- XPS R&F (Roof & Floor)
- XPS Wall
- XPS WS (Without Skin)