Update of PCR 2019:14 Construction products – to comply with GPI4
We’re happy to announce the publication of version 1.2 of PCR 2019:14 Construction products, which now complies with version 4 of the GPI.
Note that version 1.11 will continue to be valid during a 6-month transition period ending 31st of December 2022.
Examples of changes in version 1.2 are:
- Clarified rules on co-product and waste allocation.
- Update to EN 15804:2012+A2:2019/AC:2021. This corrects the unit for eutrophication aquatic freshwater, which means that the results only needs to be declared for one unit for this impact category.
- Updated characterisation factors for the GWP-GHG indicator.
- Annex 2 added to describe and exemplify how GWP-biogenic results can be calculated and reported.
- Changed and clarified rules on EPDs of multiple products, including:
- clarifications that such EPDs may be based on a representative product, average results, or worst results,
- the rule on maximum 10% variation within the product group now concerns all impact indicators but is not valid for EPDs based on worst results,
- not more than one set of results can be included per EPD,
- added rules for converting results between products in a product group, or between declared/functional units.
See Section 8 of the PCR for a more comprehensive list of changes.
In the coming weeks, also the EPD template and other supporting documents will be updated to comply with the new version of the PCR.
If you have any questions on the new version, please contact the PCR Moderator or the Secretariat.